blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
In Memory of Miss Cookie Miyuki


10/17/87 - 10/22/03

about losing miss cookie

home
archives
contact us

my favorite links

My Life...(and other meaningless drivel)

Dr. Alice Villalobos

PetCo

HaloScan

Guide Dogs of America

Guide Dogs for the Blind





It's Miss Cookie!





This page is powered by Blogger.



Friday, October 15, 2004  

Everyone experiences loss…no one is immune. Why though is is so hard for me to let it go and accept that Cookie is gone? I am no more special than anyone else...yes, I lost a pet, but I didn't loose a spouse, a parent, a child...

I guess loss is loss. For the first 8-9 months after Cookie passed, I felt a true real pain and emptiness in my soul without her. Everytime I thought about her, I would be sad and feel such an emptiness. Distraction always helped...I would go on through my life as normal, but deep down, I was just floating through life...only remembering the lonliness that Cookie's absence left. Everything I did somehow would reference back to her. I wanted so much to allow myself to really feel the pain...maybe so I wouldn't forget...because I was so petrified of forgetting. I was grateful for the opportunity to say good-bye, but hated that we weren't meant to be anymore...

Cookie was my sanity, my strength and sometimes, fueled my happiness. When she went away, my heart shattered and my life changed forever. A person couldn't find a better dog, companion, friend and bigger heart in Cookie. I was so lucky to have been the person to be loved by her.

posted by lisa | linkorama | |
Comments: Post a Comment

click here to read archived posts