blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
In Memory of Miss Cookie Miyuki


10/17/87 - 10/22/03

about losing miss cookie

home
archives
contact us

my favorite links

My Life...(and other meaningless drivel)

Dr. Alice Villalobos

PetCo

HaloScan

Guide Dogs of America

Guide Dogs for the Blind





It's Miss Cookie!





This page is powered by Blogger.



Tuesday, October 12, 2004  

I just heard what I thought was thunder...and immediately wanted to rush and hug my dog. Cookie was petrified of thunder. In her youth, we had to give her a sedative otherwise she would make a bee-line for the toilet. Yes, she was a peculiar little dog. Her previous owner recounted tales of a time when they just couldn't find Cookie. There was a thunderstorm, so they searched everywhere for her. Then they noticed sopping wet marks in the carpet that lead right to the toilet...the conclusion...Cookie felt safe there during a storm. Pretty funny, but sad.

The first time we experienced a thunderstorm, I held Cookie and my mom and I reassured her everything would be ok. She was shaking. After the storm passed, I gave her a treat and all was well with the world. In subsequent storms, we snuck a sedative into a piece of cheese and Cookie was the calmest dog ever.

God, I loved that dog.

posted by lisa | linkorama | |
Comments: Post a Comment

click here to read archived posts