blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
In Memory of Miss Cookie Miyuki


10/17/87 - 10/22/03

about losing miss cookie

home
archives
contact us

my favorite links

My Life...(and other meaningless drivel)

Dr. Alice Villalobos

PetCo

HaloScan

Guide Dogs of America

Guide Dogs for the Blind





It's Miss Cookie!





This page is powered by Blogger.



Friday, October 22, 2004  

I memorized the irregular beat of her heart as I held her small weak body close to my own heart. I felt the two short, then three quick beats of her heart over and over knowing it would only be time before it would stop forever.

Today, on the 1 year anniversary of Cookie's passing, I want so much to remember every detail, every moment of the end of Cookie's life. I want to take those memories and hold them close to my heart so that...I can let them go...and it has taken me one whole year to do so. For the first time, I am really happy and at peace with this. I have found some kind of inner strength in my heart...to release her.

I will always love my dog more than any pet I will ever have in my life moving forward, and never can I or will I forget her. What I will do is hold a special place in my heart for her -- a place that will never be erased, never forgetten. A perfect place I can "go to" in my mind and heart whenever I need to. It has been a long time (even for me) to mourn anything this deeply (ie, Mamo & Papo...). It was hard for me to accept and deal with this loss in particular because of what Cookie represented to me for the years we were together.

Between 5-5:30 p.m. -- when she passed last year -- I will spend time thinking, remebering and in a way I guess honoring the spirit of Cookie. I don't remember the exact moment she left this earth last year, because telling the tech "ok, now" in reference to that final injection that would stop her heart and organs instantly was too difficult a time to pinpoint.

I wanted this day to be a celebration of what Cookie meant to me. I want to remember the good times and the relationship I had with her...before I bid a final adieu.

Cookie was a queen...she represented love, life, peace, sanity and friendship in my life. I take solace in knowing that up in heaven, she is happy again. She is free of disease, lonliness and hopefully with other people who I loved on this earth.

I'd like to think Cookie lives with Mamo & Papo (maybe Papo mostly...:)) sharing beautiful days and moment with them, loving them the way she loved me.

posted by lisa | linkorama | |
Comments: Post a Comment

click here to read archived posts