blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
In Memory of Miss Cookie Miyuki


10/17/87 - 10/22/03

about losing miss cookie

home
archives
contact us

my favorite links

My Life...(and other meaningless drivel)

Dr. Alice Villalobos

PetCo

HaloScan

Guide Dogs of America

Guide Dogs for the Blind





It's Miss Cookie!





This page is powered by Blogger.



Friday, May 13, 2005  

My last post was supposed to be the final one in Miss Cookie's Tales. However I was waiting for the CD of Little Women the Musical to come out so I could post these lyrics. When the character of Beth died (everyone knows this story, so it's not like I'm posting a spoiler) I was in tears -- partially because of the story, but I think it was more because of what it reminded me of. In Some Things Are Meant To Be, I kept thinking about Cookie...and with Days of Plenty it reminded me of Mamo because after she passed, I questioned: "who will remember that she mattered?" Anyhow, here are some of the lyrics...


Some Things Are Meant To Be
Music by Jason Howland; Lyrics by Mindi Dickstein

(Beth and Jo sing this duet on a trip to Cape Cod just prior to Beth's death)


...Everyone has someone special in this world and I have you...

Some things are meant to be
The clouds moving fast and free
The sun on a silver sea
A sky that's bright and blue
And some things will never end
The thrill of our magic ride
The love that I feel inside for you

...

Pass the days doing only as we please
That's what living is for...

Some things are meant to be
The tide turning endlessly
The way it takes hold of me
No matter what I do
And somethings will never die
The promise of who you are
Your memories when I am far from you
All my life, I've lived for loving you
Let me go now...

--------

Days of Plenty
Music by Jason Howland; Lyrics by Mindi Dickstein

(Sung by Marmee as she tells Jo how she copes with Beth's death)

You have to believe
There is reason for hope
You have to believe
That the answsers will come
You can't let this defeat you
I won't let this defeat you
You must fight to keep her there within you

So believe that she mattered
And believe that she always will
She will always be with you
She'll be part of the days you've yet to fill
She will live in your bounty
She will live as you carry on your life
So carry on full of hope
She'll be there
For all your days of plenty

posted by lisa | linkorama | |
Comments: Post a Comment

click here to read archived posts