blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
In Memory of Miss Cookie Miyuki


10/17/87 - 10/22/03

about losing miss cookie

home
archives
contact us

my favorite links

My Life...(and other meaningless drivel)

Dr. Alice Villalobos

PetCo

HaloScan

Guide Dogs of America

Guide Dogs for the Blind





It's Miss Cookie!





This page is powered by Blogger.



Tuesday, September 07, 2004  

I am realizing just how much time has passed since Cookie's passing. It was one thing to loose her and dealing with not having her in my life for the past 11 months. However, as the 1 year mark approaches, the actual realization that 12 whole months would have gone by without having her...I don't know how to take it. Cookie was the best thing to happen to me from the moment she became a member of my family. I looked at her and knew that as along as she was around, I would be ok. In the 7 years I had her, I suffered a lot of heartache and loss and having Cookie in my life, made all of that bearable.

Sometimes, I look at my friends with their pets and am so envious of the relationship they have that I no longer have. I see the outpouring of love to their pets that for me, has nowhere to go. I hear stories that make me laugh and even warm my heart, but at the same time, sadden me because at one time, I had similar stories about Cookie.

There will never be a dog as loved or as special as Cookie was to me. I fully admit that she will sit upon that golden pedestal and that any other pet will pale in comparison.

I haven't been as diligent as I wanted to be in journaling this last year. Somedays, it was too hard to do, others, I felt I was being too repetitive. I miss Cookie everday of my life. Sometimes, I am really lonely because she's not around anymore, other days I can be happy knowing we so affected each other's lives and how much better we are for it.


posted by lisa | linkorama | |
Comments: Post a Comment

click here to read archived posts